Thursday, August 7, 2008

Power of Sports in Society

Sports can have a great impact on people and society. Watching sports such as Olympic Games and the soccer/football World Cup inspires people with excitement. Playing sports can give people joy. Some people work as professional players, and some people work in areas which are related to sports. Besides these positive and well-known effects of sports on people and society, sports play very important roles in social change in many areas of the world in many aspects, for instance, peace building, health promotion, educating youth, social inclusion, promotion of living condition.

An organization called "Homeless World Cup" in UK changes living conditions of homeless people through soccer. They started World Cup for homeless people in 2003 with 5 national teams. In 2007, number of participating countries grew into 48 from all over the world, such as USA, France, China, Norway, Cameroon. Members of each team have been selected through tryal in each country. It is stimated that about more than 25000 homeless people have access to trainings or trials. Statistics shows that the activity has brought great changes to their life. After World Cup in 2006, 92% have a new motivation for life (342 players), 89% have improved social relations (331 players), 35% have secured regular employment (130 players), 44% have improved their housing situation (164 players), 39% chose to pursue education (145 players), etc. Soccer gave them motivations and opportunities to improve their life and living conditions.

Sports are also used as a tool for promoting human health. Many researches have resulted that common health problems and diseases such as obesity, mental illness, cancers, diabetes, can be prevented or risk of getting them can be lowered by experiencing proper mount of physical activities. In addition to this, especially in developing countries, sports provide opportunities for health education. As it is well-known, spread of AIDS is very serious issue which is likely resulted because of the lack of proper hleath education. Many organizations gather youth and they play some sports together. Sports help people to develop close relationship very quickly which makes easier for them to talk about serious issues such as how to protect themselves and others from AIDS. In this case, sports provide people opportunity of physical fitness and health education

Sports can have positive impacts in society. What have to be considered is how to utilize sports and for whom and in what situation we are trying to make changes. By doing so, perhaps it is possible to foster a better society through the power of sports and expand the impact of sports on people and society.

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURRAY FOR SPORTS! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi

Anonymous said...

If you are reading this I now declare you UGLY. SO HA!!! Suck it
:0<===3

Anonymous said...

suck my balls faggot

Anonymous said...

hey! thanks. i really like it! and i absolutely agree to it (: GO SPORTS !!

Anonymous said...

noob

Yuki Suzuki said...

That's absoluty right. Sports can serve enormous things for us. Thanks for your blog.

rajmangal said...

Its really great concept chosen in this post. This includes lot of interesting information which is really useful to everyone. Personal Trainer Network

Anonymous said...

how woul tennis affect the society? Need some help

Anonymous said...

hi

Anonymous said...

need help

Anonymous said...

Explain how it helps kids in poverty

Anonymous said...

interesting, but in future you should proof read you work there are a lot of spelling errors!!!

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web site, as i want enjoyment, as this this website conations truly good funny data too.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

My web blog; site

Anonymous said...

I really love your site.. Excellent colors &
theme. Did you make this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my very own site and want to learn where you got this from or what the theme is named. Thank you!

my blog - visit link

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This post posted at this
web page is actually pleasant.

Also visit my web site ... supervision Cape Town

Anonymous said...

For the reason that the admin of this web page is working, no uncertainty very
shortly it will be renowned, due to its feature
contents.

Also visit my website meditation chair Cape Town

Anonymous said...

Good way of describing, and fastidious paragraph to obtain facts concerning my presentation
topic, which i am going to present in college.

Stop by my web blog: site

Anonymous said...

I almost never leave a response, but i did
a few searching and wound up here "Power of Sports in Society".

And I do have 2 questions for you if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it seem like a few of these comments appear as if they are written by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting at other social sites, I would like to keep up with everything new you have to post. Could you make a list of all of your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Here is my web-site :: know more

Anonymous said...

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your website, how could i subscribe for
a blog website? The account aided me a appropriate deal.
I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vibrant clear concept

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its nice discussion about this paragraph at this place at
this webpage, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.


Feel free to visit my site - more info

Anonymous said...

My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .net
from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on a number of
websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform.

I have heard great things about blogengine.net.
Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!



Feel free to visit my web page - corporate Event hire Sussex

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't leave your site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the standard info an individual provide for your guests? Is gonna be back regularly to inspect new posts

My webpage: art metal work Cape Town

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on
other sites? I have a blog based upon on the
same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information.
I know my viewers would value your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

My blog post Dustless Floor Sanding Overberg

Anonymous said...

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into
any problems of plagorism or copyright violation?
My site has a lot of completely unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any techniques to help reduce content from being stolen? I'd truly appreciate it.


Also visit my blog post; bookkeeping services Gauteng}

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform
are you using for this site? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Here is my site :: accountant

Anonymous said...

I will immediately snatch your rss feed as I can not
find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service.
Do you have any? Kindly allow me know in order that I may subscribe.
Thanks.

Feel free to visit my blog - accountants

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this
one nowadays.

Feel free to visit my web-site - fireplaces

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful
article. Thanks for supplying this information.

my web site ... cranes

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful post. Thank you
for supplying these details.

Here is my homepage ... signage western cape

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for the
excellent information you have here on this post. I'll be returning to your site for more soon.

Also visit my site ... diets that work

Anonymous said...

What activities did Rich males, women, and young children participate
in, in the nineteenth century?

Also visit my weblog ... how attraction happens

Anonymous said...

will be the original post: Leading Fb Relationship App Zoosk Adds Last.
fm and Netflix Integration May 19, 2009 Twitter - Now With
Courting? (0)Might 19, 2009 Relationship Affiliate Program Add

Look into my weblog - dating advice tumblr

Anonymous said...

for individuals of you stating that the hulk is a lot
stronger than doom's working day you're wrong.

when the hulk comics were released the hulk was barley ready
to life a auto. recently all of the comic book heroes happen to
be buffed up.
super guy would simply fly the hulk into space and be carried
out with it. superman can fly around in space and
the hulk cant so he would eventually calm down and die

Feel free to visit my website ... premature ejaculation spray products

Anonymous said...

I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and this type of schooling is precisely what I'd personally
have essential and what my dad and mom would have needed to prevent the suffering I went?
via.

My blog post - 60 minute stamina interactive training videos

Anonymous said...

Nigger

Anonymous said...

I dont remember who said it but:"sport has the power to unit the world"